Thursday, February 26, 2009

Test

The dreaded CSR 309 Test......wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.

Coming into the test all I heard were horror stories from students of previous years.  Many of them told me not to study, "Impossible to pass," "not meant to be taken seriously," and "stupid".  I was the foolish kid who decided to listen to them and go into the test blind.  I mean sure I read most of the book, but simply reading a 400 page book does not allow me to call on all of the specific components of leadership (since there were plenty of them mentioned in the book).  With that said I believe that I will at least gain some partial credit on a lot of my answers, besides the two that I did not answer at all.  Had I studied and really gone back over the basic points the book made, I would not only have passed the test, but probably could have received a low B, and I am talking about minimal study.  I was only able to recall 3 of the 5 components of leadership, something that could have easily been memorized ten minutes before the test.  So, a lesson to be learned through this blog.....don't listen to everything your friends tell you because they are probably wrong!

Peace Out  

1 comment:

  1. Blog Review #2

    Nate subconsciously extracts his weakness through self discussion. Mentioning his ability to trust others he discovers the disadvantage to being too open-minded. As a leader one must take the input from those around them but then make a final decision with positive and successful achievement as a result. In Nate’s case he decides to forgo studying for the exam which he is led to believe unimportant and useless. With not self confliction he makes the decision to wing it and apply his study time to less important tasks.
    Post exam, Nate recognizes the potential he had to succeed. He had the potential to well. All it would have taken was ten minutes of studying to successfully answer at least one of the questions. Confident in his abilities to learn he realizes the lost opportunity. Through this personal experience Nate has the ability to grow as an individual and as a leader. The list bellow states what Nate has learned that will make him a better leader:
    - Trust within reason, avoid being irrational and dim-witted.
    - Seek educational opportunities wherever possible.
    - Believe in one ’s self. Do not let anyone tell you its to hard or you can’t succeed.
    - Be open minded and confident in your leader (Nate should not have believed Feinberg would set us up for failure)
    - Listen to your inner voice, it often guides us in the right direct.

    ReplyDelete