Monday, April 6, 2009

IM2

Last week we turned in our second individual memo, which was a summary of a movie in terms of leadership, and it's components we have studied.  I found this exercise very interesting, by not having a specifically assigned movie to watch it much more pressure on us to decide on a movie that we could easily relate to some concepts of leadership. It took me a while to think of a relatively new movie that I could see myself writing two to three pages of leadership analysis. Luckily I stumbled across a movie that my roommate had recently purchased, Body of Lies, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, who happens to be one of my favorite actors.

I thought that leaving the decision to us as to what movie we would pick to analyze really added another element to this project. This made us consider the decision making process, which is an important skill for any leader to possess.  It is extremely important to be able to make decisions in a timely matter as a leader. People are depending on you to make the right decisions, and if you do not have the ability to be confident in the decisions you make, how is anybody going to have confidence in you to lead them? Our ability to decide on a movie that we could explain to Dr. Feinberg in terms of leadership showed him that we had the ability to capitalize on his lenience with this matter.  This shows that we do not constantly have to be micro-managed, and can make decisions that our superior can agree with, which is an early sign of leadership in an individual.     

No comments:

Post a Comment